Law Office of Melissa C. Marsh

Request a Same Day Telephone Consultation

Contact Us
Sherman Oaks, CA
Tel: 818-849-5206
Tel: 323-655-1002
E-mail: MMarsh

Home About Us
Areas of Practice
Articles Business Transactions Corporations Employment Law Internet-Computer Law Landlord-Tenant Limited Liability Company Partnerships Real Estate Law Trademark & Copyright Wills & Trusts
Testimonials Client Alerts Useful Links Contact Us
Request a Same Day Telephone Consultation
Visa Mastercard American Express PayPal


Your Legal Corner - Client Alert Blog


Written By: Melissa C. Marsh, Esq., California Attorney, January 2017 Add to Favorites

Effective October 4, 2016, the Los Angeles City Council adopted the Rent Registry Ordinance (#184529) which is similar to those required by the City of West Hollywood and the City of Santa Monica.

The NEW Los Angeles Rent Registry Ordinance requires the owners of buildings with rent stabilized units subject to the Los Angeles Rent Stabilization Ordinance (LA RSO) to provide the Los Angeles Housing Community and Investment Department (HCIDLA) with the following information for each building on an annual basis:

  1. a list of all rental units;
  2. the rent for each rental unit;
  3. the name of the tenant(s) occupying each rental unit; and
  4. the landlordís emergency contact information.

This information must be submitted to the Los Angeles Housing Community and Investment Department and updated each year by February 28th. If the owner of a Los Angeles Rent Stabilized Building fails to submit the required information, the annual Certificate of Registration will NOT be issued. If an owner does not have a current Certificate of Registration, the owner is technically prohibited from collecting rent and will not be able to evict any tenant as a valid Certificate of Registration is a required to serve a tenant with Three Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit and/or Three Day Notice to Cure or Quit.

Big brother is watching and now monitoring each and every Los Angeles Rent Stabilized Unit.

Posted In: Real Estate Reporter 

If you would like to inquire about my services, please call 818-849-5206.
If you have additional questions or need specific legal advice tailored to your specific needs, please schedule a low cost Telephone Consultation.

Disclaimer: The information presented on this web site was prepared by Melissa C. Marsh for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The information provided in my articles and alerts should not be relied upon, or used as a substitute for professional legal advice from an attorney you retain to advise or represent you. Your use of this Internet site does not create an attorney- client relationship. Transmission of this article is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. All uses of the contents of this site, other than personal uses, are prohibited. You may print or email a copy of any information posted on this web site for your own personal, non-commercial, use, but you may not publish any of the articles or posts on this web site without the Express Written Permission of Melissa C. Marsh.

Home | Request a Consultation | Practice Areas | Articles | Client Alerts | Testimonials | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright© 1998 - 2024, Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved.
Website Design By DK Web Design
Catering By Devon Eats

Located in Los Angeles, California, the Law Office of Melissa C. Marsh handles business law and corporation law matters as a lawyer for clients throughout Los Angeles including Burbank, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Valley Village, North Hollywood, Woodland Hills, Hollywood, West LA as well as Riverside County, San Fernando, Ventura County, and Santa Clarita. Attorney Melissa C. Marsh has considerable experience handling business matters both nationally and internationally. We routinely assist our clients with incorporation, forming a California corporation, forming a California llc, partnership, annual minutes, shareholder meetings, director meetings, getting a taxpayer ID number (EIN), buying a business, selling a business, commercial lease review, employee disputes, independent contractors, construction, and personal matters such as preparing a will, living trust, power of attorney, health care directive, and more.